- Click on Edit, then Find.
- Type the word, words, or partial word you are looking for in the space.
- From the drop-down arrow menu next to the text box, select Find Next in Current PDF.
- The next appearance of the word(s) you are looking for will be highlighted on your screen.
- The dialog box will remain on the screen so that you can continue to click on Find Next as many times as you need to find each appearance of the word(s) you are looking for.
- Click on the Find icon on the toolbar. A dialog box will appear.
- Type in the word(s) you want to locate.
- Check Match Whole Word Only if you want the search tool to ignore words that are not a perfect match to the word(s) you entered. (For example, the search tool would ignore the word "stick" if you were to type in the word "sticky").
- Check Case Sensitive if you want to find only words with the same case (i.e., uppercase, lowercase, or initial cap), as the word or words you entered.
- The next appearance of the word or words you are looking for will be highlighted in the document on the screen, and the dialog box will close.
If the Acrobat Search plug-in is installed, you can also search across documents that have been indexed with the Acrobat Catalog program.
To do this, use the Search command, instead of the Find command, in the Edit menu and refer to the Acrobat Search Online Guide for more information.