Information automatically captured and stored
Public website access
The public components of the FRTIB and TSP websites do not collect any personal information about you. When you browse, read pages, or download information on the FRTIB or TSP website, we automatically gather and store certain technical (non-personal) information about your visit. This information is only used to help make the sites more effective and user-friendly.
Information automatically collected and stored includes:
- Information about your connection to our web server, including the Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website;
- Information about your computer, including details about your computer’s operating system;
- Information about the web browser and supporting technologies you use to access our site;
- The date and time you access our sites; and
- Addresses of referring websites.
In addition, this website uses Google Analytics. Please refer to the following policies on Google’s website for more information:
- Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
- Opt out of Google Analytics Cookies
TSP account access
If you choose to access your account in the secure section of the TSP website (tsp.gov), we do request your account number (or user ID) and web password in order to identify your account. When you provide your account information, you are consenting to the electronic transmission of the personal financial information you have requested. Your consent is effective during the entire time you are accessing your TSP account through the website.
We only share information you give us with other government agencies if your transaction relates to another agency, or as otherwise required by law. Read the warning on the login page.
The TSP does not use Google Analytics on the My Account section of the website. Your account data is not available to Google or any other third party.