The factors that affect the amount of your monthly annuity payments include:
- The annuity option you choose.
- The annuity features you choose.
- Your age when your annuity is purchased.
- The age of your spouse or other joint annuitant if you choose a joint annuity.
- The amount used to purchase your annuity.
- The interest rate index when your annuity is purchased.
You can use the Retirement Income Calculator on this website to try out different combinations or you can contact the TSP to get an annuity estimate.