Skip to main content

Start, change, or stop contributions

In most cases, you’ll use your agency’s or service’s electronic payroll system to start, change, or stop your TSP contributions.

For example, civilian payroll systems include Employee Express, EBIS/GRB, LiteBlue, myPay, and NFC EPP.

Uniformed services can use myPay (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) or Direct Access (Coast Guard and NOAA Corps).

Does your agency accept paper forms?

Download the Election Form, Form TSP-1 (TSP-U-1) for uniformed services members), or call the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778 and choose option 3 to have it mailed to you.

I was just hired. Am I already contributing?

If you’re a brand new employee of the federal government or uniformed services, you were automatically enrolled in the TSP at 3% of your salary. Many people who were automatically enrolled decide to increase their contributions to at least 5% of their salary to get the full match from their agency or service.