Wherever you are in the world, you can manage your TSP account(s) if you have Internet access and your account number (or user ID) and Web password. You can:
- Make interfund transfers and contribution allocations
- Request a financial hardship or age-based in-service withdrawal, if you are eligible
- Transfer or roll over funds from IRAs and eligible employer plans into your TSP account
- Track transactions and your investments in your TSP account
If you will be returning to your civilian life as a Federal employee, remember these tips:
- If you are a FERS employee, you will be eligible to claim retroactive matching contributions from your civilian agency, based on contributions you made from basic pay to your uniformed services account. Keep your leave and earnings statements while on active duty to facilitate your claim.
- If you have a TSP loan, your payments are suspended while you are on active duty, but the interest continues to accrue. You have the option of making payments from your personal funds directly to the TSP while on active duty. Use Form TSP-26, Loan Payment Coupon.