Report the death of a TSP participant immediately.
The participant's next of kin, legal representative, or other responsible person should do one of the following:
- If the participant was an active Federal employee or member of the uniformed services, report the death to the participant's employing agency or service.
- Otherwise, report the participant's death to the TSP by calling 1-877-968-3778. Press 3 from the main menu and hold to speak to a TSP Service Representative.
Take the following steps to inform the TSP (or confirm) that the participant is deceased, and provide information that will help the TSP determine potential beneficiaries.
- Complete Form TSP-17, Information Relating to Deceased Participant (TSP-U-17, uniformed services).
- Attach the participant's certified death certificate.
- Mail the completed form and the required documentation to:
TSP Death Benefits Processing UnitFor overnight delivery, mail the form to:
P.O. Box 4450
Fairfax, VA 22038-4450ATTN: TSP Death Benefits Processing Unit
12210 Fairfax Town Center
Fairfax, VA 22033