How we protect your data
The Privacy Division does the following:
- Develops and administers FRTIB’s privacy policies and procedures;
- Provides privacy awareness training and targeted privacy trainings to FRTIB personnel;
- Assesses all new or proposed programs, systems, technologies, and business processes for privacy risks and provides recommendations to strengthen privacy protections;
- Collaborates with FRTIB’s Office of Technology Services (OTS) to implement and operationalize policies to secure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of FRTIB’s information and information systems;
- Operates a data breach response program to ensure that all incidents involving personally identifiable information (PII) are properly reported, investigated, and mitigated, as appropriate; and
- Maintains updated privacy artifacts in compliance with legal requirements (e.g., System of Records Notices, Privacy Impact Assessments, and Privacy Act Notices).