Skip to main content
  • Starting in January 2021, we’re making the process easier for participants. If you’re turning 50 or older and are eligible for catch-up, you’ll no longer need to make separate catch-up elections to your TSP account. To learn how to make these contributions next year, visit Catch-up contributions.

Changing federal agencies

If you change federal agencies and you were previously contributing to the TSP, your employee contributions and, if you’re FERS, your agency contributions will automatically resume.

If you were not previously contributing, you can begin at any time by following the instructions in Starting, Changing, and Stopping Your Contributions.

You should ensure that your new agency has your current address and you may also consider reviewing your contribution allocations to maximize your savings.