for Agency and Service TSP Representatives
Service Provider Transition Cutover Dates & Deadlines
In preparation for the upcoming transition of the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) to a new service provider, please note the provided dates and deadlines that may impact your agency/service and employees. As a reminder, the consequences of not following the provided requirements and deadlines will result in your agency/service not being able to interact with the new TSP environment. This may lead to breakage, additional administrative burden, financial burden, and disruptions to your agency’s/service’s current interaction with the TSP. Such disruption could have a significant impact on your agency’s/service’s employees.
Cutover Dates & Deadlines for Agencies/Services:
- May 24th, 2022: Final day agency/service payroll files can be submitted to the TSP and final day for agencies/services to use the TSP Data Submission Application (DSUB) to submit a payroll file and/or journal voucher.
- May 25th, 2022 through the first week of June: Blackout period in which agency/service personnel will have read-only access to the legacy TSP DSUB system and no access to the new Agency Portal. Files submitted via secure connection to the new Agency Portal during this time will be accepted and processed the first week of June.
- First week of June: Authorized agency/service personnel gain access to the new Agency Portal. Agency/service payroll files can be reviewed and submitted via the new Agency Portal. Agencies/services will continue to have read-only access to the legacy TSP DSUB system through 6/10/2022.
Other Cutover Dates & Deadlines:
Due to your interaction with agency/service employees, please note the additional dates and deadlines you may need to be aware of.
- May 16th, 2022 through the first week of June: Some key transactions will be temporarily unavailable (e.g., investment transactions; loan requests; withdrawals and distributions). A full list of these key transition dates can be found here.
- May 26th,2022 through the first week of June: All transactions and services are temporarily unavailable, including My Account and ThriftLine.
Future bulletins will share additional information about potential changes and impacts for TSP participants and beneficiaries.