Skip to main content
  • Starting in January 2021, we’re making the process easier for participants. If you’re turning 50 or older and are eligible for catch-up, you’ll no longer need to make separate catch-up elections to your TSP account. To learn how to make these contributions next year, visit Catch-up contributions.

TSP bulletin
for Service TSP Representatives

See all

New Guidance on the Use of Journal Voucher, TSP-U-2-G

Effective immediately, the journal voucher, TSP-U-2-G, should no longer be used to submit records for back pay awards.

The TSP has changed its regulations regarding the calculation of breakage on back pay awards. All breakage for back pay awards must be calculated based on the participant’s contribution allocation on file for the “as of” date of the correction.

Services should stop using the TSP-U-2-G, Certification of Transfer of Funds and Journal Voucher for Contributions Requiring G Fund Breakage, for any back pay awards, unless a court or other entity orders G Fund breakage. Services should instead use the TSP-U-2, Certification of Transfer of Funds and Journal Voucher, which will ensure the appropriate breakage. Both employee and employer contributions should be sent on late payment records.