TSP educational resources
Thank you for your interest in TSP education.
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) offers a variety of TSP training opportunities. Review the information below to learn which TSP training will be best for you and your employees.
- TSP webinars – TSP webinars are offered year-round and are open to all federal and uniformed service members. We encourage you to share the TSP webinar calendar with your employees. Advanced registration is required.
- Benefits specialist and educator training – These sessions cover advanced topics for human resources personnel, service financial specialists, and payroll personnel, and are offered periodically throughout the year. They are suspended until further notice.
- Training for your agency or service – By request, we occasionally conduct trainings and webinars to meet your agency or service’s specific needs. Employees should register for the prescheduled webinars and courses first. If the preset schedule doesn’t meet your agency’s or service’s needs, follow the procedures in this section below.
Who we train
We provide training for all TSP participants and beneficiaries including federal employees under the Federal Employees’ Retirement System (FERS), Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), Foreign Service Pension System (FSPS), Foreign Service Retirement and Disability Service (FSRDS), and members of the uniformed services, including the Ready Reserve, Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Commissioned Officer Corps.
We never charge a training fee for live or virtual events. In-person training, when available, is free for those requesting training within 50 miles of the Washington, DC area. For those outside this area, we require the requestor pay the travel expenses and federal per diem for the presenter.
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board offers a variety of TSP training opportunities at our office in Washington D.C. for agency benefits officers, payroll personnel, and financial counselors supporting the uniformed services. In rare circumstances, we may be able to offer these at your location. These are suspended until further notice. Please check back for updates regarding future dates.
Please call 202-942-1450 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about training for your agency or service.
For information about your personal account, please contact the ThriftLine at: 877-968-3778 (option 3) for the continental U.S.; or 404-233-4400 for overseas; or 877-847-4385 for TOD.
Agency or service representatives attempting to schedule a training event should follow these instructions. Individuals trying to register for a webinar, please use the TSP webinars and courses section.
- Review the Course Catalog to find the TSP webinar or course that meets your training needs.
- Review the schedule of TSP webinars to select a prescheduled webinar or course that meets your training needs.
- If the prescheduled training does not meet your agency’s or service’s specific needs due to a unique training need or situation for your organization, complete the Training Request Form and email it to your region’s liaison. You can identify your region’s liaison below.1
- Washington DC Metro Area
- TSP Training Regions:
Overseas agencies or services, including those located in a United States terriroty, are assigned to the Washington DC Metro Area region.
- This process is only for agency and service representatives, not for individuals looking to attend one of the FRTIB’s regularly scheduled webinars.
- Provide your liaison with as many details as possible to help us schedule your training event.
- Please call 202-942-1450 or email your region’s liaison with any questions you have about scheduling training.
- A TSP Training and Liaison Specialist will confirm your request by email or phone.