Set up account access
You can manage your TSP account online in My Account and by phone through the ThriftLine. If you don’t have the TSP account information you need to gain access, you can request your account information again.
Set up online access in My Account
To set up online access to your TSP account, you’ll need your TSP account number from the welcome letter you received when your account was first established. You’ll also need the web password that we mailed to you separately.
- Go to My Account and select Create user ID.
- Follow the prompts to create a user ID that is unique to you and easy to remember.
- Continue to follow prompts to customize your password and add layers of security to your account. When you complete all steps, you will have successfully logged in for the first time.
Access your account by phone
To request account transactions and check your account by phone, you’ll need your TSP account number from the welcome letter you received when your account was first established. You’ll also need the Personal Identification Number (PIN) that we mailed to you separately. Note: Your ThriftLine PIN is not the same as your PINs for other agency or service systems.
- Call the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778.
- Select option 1 to access your account.
- Follow the prompt to enter your account number.
- Follow the prompt to enter your PIN, then select from the menu of options.
Change your account information
To change your user ID or password, log in to My Account and select Profile Settings.
To change your Personal Identification Number (PIN), access your account through the ThriftLine and select the option to update your PIN.
You cannot change your TSP account number.
TSP web pages are best viewed with one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 (compatibility view disabled)
Note: For all browsers listed above, we recommend using the current version with auto update enabled.
Be cautious with software and mobile applications
Providing your TSP account credentials to third-party software or applications may jeopardize your account security. Learn more about how to protect your TSP account.