Create your user ID
You must create a user ID to log in securely to My Account. If you previously created a user ID and can’t remember it, you may be able to recover your user ID online.
You need your TSP account number and web password to create your user ID.
Create user ID
- Go to secure.tsp.gov to access My Account.
- Select the link, Create user ID.
- Enter your TSP account number and web password to log in.
- You’ll need to complete two-step authentication if you have a validated phone number on your account.
- Enter a user ID of your choice in the “User ID” box.
- Enter your user ID again in the “Confirm User ID” box.
- Select the Submit button.
- You may need to answer your security challenge questions if you set those up in My Account before.
You now have access to your account. From now on, you’ll use your user ID and web password to log in to My Account on secure.tsp.gov.
If you have both a civilian and uniformed services account, your new user ID will apply to both accounts.
TSP web pages are best viewed with one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 (compatibility view disabled)
Note: For all browsers listed above, we recommend using the current version with auto update enabled.
Be cautious with software and mobile applications
Providing your TSP account credentials to third-party software or applications may jeopardize your account security. Learn more about how to protect your TSP account.