The TSP takes many steps to keep your account secure. We provide you with a beneficiary participant account number, a Web password, a ThriftLine PIN, and the opportunity to create a customized user ID to use instead of your account number. It is important that you also do your part to protect your account.
- Never let anyone see or hear your account number, user ID, password, or PIN.
- Never respond to an e-mail asking for any of your identifiers.
- Never provide your identifiers online when using a computer other than your own home or office machine unless you know it is secure.
- Log out of the TSP website and close your Internet browser after you complete transactions in My Account.
- Do not perform financial transactions on public computers.
- Use up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your home and office computers.