• TSP-9, Change in Address for a Separated Participant 
Already separated from service?
If you have separated from Federal service and your agency or service payroll office has not notified the TSP of your separation, we will not be able to process your address change until we receive the separation information from your agency or service.

Be sure to keep your address updated so that you can receive important TSP notices and publications when they are mailed. The TSP also wants to ensure that you receive:

  • Your quarterly statement (if you choose to have it mailed),
  • Your annual statement (unless you opt to receive it electronically), and
  • Your IRS Form 1099-R, if applicable.

If you are still actively employed, you must notify your agency or service when you have an address change. Your agency or service is responsible for maintaining information about you and submitting it to the TSP. You will not be able to change your address through the TSP website or by calling the ThriftLine as long as you are still actively employed.

If you are separated from Federal service, you must notify the TSP directly if you have an address change. You can complete Form TSP-9, Change in Address for a Separated Participant. The form is available on the website or by calling the ThriftLine. You may also change your address in the My Account: Profile Settings section of the website. You will need to enter your TSP account number (or user ID) and your Web password. For more information on maintaining your mailing address, watch our video How to Change Your Address.